The PDO thread procedure focuses on lifting your facial features to ensure a naturally younger-looking skin. It reduces wrinkles and fine lines and promotes the production of collagen to add more volume to the treated area.
You can get PDO thread treatment in Belsize Park, West Hampstead, or other areas like Harley Street, but it is essential to get the treatment done only from an advanced aesthetic practitioner to ensure the procedure is conducted smoothly and without any complications.
Moreover, PDO thread before and aftercare is also crucial. Here are a few things to consider if you are thinking about getting the treatment.
Things to Do Before Thread Lift Treatment
Your practitioner will devise an appropriate action plan for you as per your skin type and the treatment required. However, the usual guidelines provided are as follows:
- Smoking and all kinds of alcohol must be avoided for at least one week before the procedure as they can dehydrate the skin and even affect the anaesthetic step. It helps in speeding the recovery process and providing the best treatment results.
- Avoid consuming omega fish oils, vitamin E, chilli ginseng, garlic, krill, and other such supplements at least two days before the treatment. It is best to avoid green and ginger teas as well.
- Aspirin-based products, like Naproxen/Naprogesic, Neurofen, and Ibuprofen, must be avoided as they can cause bleeding, unwanted side effects and complications.
- Avoid performing high-intensity exercises and going to a sauna or steam room.
Your practitioner may give you more guidance on what to do before the treatment.
Things to Do After Thread Lift Treatment
The treatment has a minimal recovery time, but there is still plenty you can do to enhance the recovery and get the best results. Some patients may experience nausea after the thread lift procedure due to anaesthesia. However, it will pass after sipping small amounts of water.
Here are some more things you should do after the treatment:
- Ice the treated area for a few minutes for four to five times during the day for the first week if you are experiencing slight bruising or swelling.
- Restrict facial movements for one day. Make sure to rest for a full day after getting the treatment.
- You can move around wherever you want, but don’t perform any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for three weeks.
- You can take pain killers as required after the procedure. Try consuming them after a meal to avoid any risk of nausea.
- It is best to avoid aspirins for the next two weeks after the treatment.
- Avoid applying makeup or facial cream for at least 48 hours.
- You should not drink a beverage with a straw and focus on drinking liquids or consuming soft foods for at least a week.
- Chewing gum should be avoided for at least two weeks.
- Experiencing slight discomfort in the first two days after the procedure is normal, it will gradually reduce.
- Try keeping your head elevated for a week.
- Don’t pull your facial skin, massage, scrub or exfoliate the skin for at least three weeks. You are also not supposed to wash or touch your face for at least 12 hours.
- Follow the care guidelines the practitioner gives you regarding the incision wounds.
- It is recommended that you sleep on your back to prevent any swelling. Avoid straining or placing pressure on your face as it may result in threads misalignment.
- Avoid getting any dental treatment for at least two weeks after getting the PDO thread lift.
In case of unusual pain or swelling, it is important to consult your practitioner to get the appropriate treatment immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions About PDO Thread Treatment
Here are some commonly asked questions related to PDO thread lift treatment:
How long would it take to recover after the treatment?
This treatment has minimal downtime due to its nonsurgical nature. However, it is best to give it one to two days of recovery or the downtime your practitioner recommends.
Is it okay to return to work immediately after the treatment?
It mostly depends on the nature of your job and the environment you work in. You can return to work within one day to one week after the treatment. The time varies from job to job. If you have a strenuous job or one that requires plenty of activity and movement, for instance, personal training or nursing, then you might need more time before returning to work.
When is it okay to take a shower post-treatment?
It is recommended to avoid touching, wetting and washing your face for a minimum of 12 hours after the treatment. Even after that, it is best not to scrub or massage the treated area for around three weeks post-treatment.
How long should I wait to resume my daily skincare routine?
Gentle skincare practises, like usual washing, drying and lotioning, can be resumed after 48 hours of the procedure. However, you must avoid exfoliation, tugging, and scrubbing for three weeks. It is best to consult your practitioner if you want to apply any topical medications or strength creams.
Can I apply makeup?
You can apply makeup after 48 hours.
How long should I wait to restart my workouts?
Light exercises can be resumed after a week but don’t perform any exercises that may strain the treated area. You should consult your practitioner before you resume weight lifting or other heavy exercises. Yoga or other meditation exercises that requires bowing your head below the heart must be avoided for at least a week.
Can I go swimming after the treatment?
You must avoid wetting the affected area for at least 12 hours after the treatment. In the case of swimming, it is best to allow the suture area to heal completely. The same goes for saunas and hot tubs. Consult your practitioner for better guidance.
To get PDO thread treatment in London, particularly around Harley Street, Belsize Park, or West Hampstead, get in touch with us and book an appointment today.